M2M Zone 2015 Conference
M2M at the IoT Inflection Point
@ CTIA Super Mobility
September 10, 2015 - 11:00 am - 3:30 pm
Room: Lido 3103 - Sands Expo & Convention Center - Las Vegas, NV
Keynote: 11:00 am - 11:20 am
IoT Buyers Stand Up to be Counted!
Speaker: Keith Kreisher, Executive Director - IoT M2M Council
The IMC is the largest and fastest-growing industry group serving the IoT/M2M sector, with over 10,000 OEMs and enterprise users as members, and gaining over 300 more weekly. The keynote address will outline the largest market-segmentation analysis ever done covering IoT buyers, including...
- What is the profile of the IoT Adopter, and where is it headed?
- What will IoT buying patterns look for the next 3 years?
- Do Adopters outsource leadership on IoT/M2M deployments?
- Connected Industry, Retail, and more hot vertical-markets
Keynote Presentation Slides: DOWNLOAD
Session I: 11:25 am - 12:30 pm
Software Platforms Allow for New Models
Robin Duke-Woolley, Founder & CEO, Beecham Research
Dan Quant, VP, Product Management & Strategic Marketing, Multi-Tech Systems
Fred Yentz, CEO - IoT Platforms, Telit
- Different world views - Services vs. Applications Enablement
- The effect of Cloud on M2M scalability
- Data Analytics evolve as deployments move past simple cost-control
- Security concerns persist - will standards help the cause?
Session I Presentation Slides: DOWNLOAD
Session II: 1:00 pm - 2:10 pm
Hardware Unveils Advanced Efficiencies
Sam Lucero, Senior Principal Analyst, M2M & Internet of Things, IHS
Craig Malone, EVP, Product Development, ORBCOMM
Larry Zibrik, Vice President, Market Development, Sierra Wireless
- Designed for IoT - Chipsets, Modules, and Terminals/Gateways
- Distributed intelligence in Edge Devices
- Support for Multiple Connectivity Technologies - from LAN to WAN
- Developer Starter Kits - how they reduce time to market
Session II Presentation Slides: DOWNLOAD
Session III: 2:20 pm - 3:30 pm
Connectivity Options Multiply
Andy Castonguay, Principal Analyst, Machina Research
David Wigglesworth, VP Internet of Everywhere, Inmarsat
Felix Chuang, Director of Sales Engineering, West Coast, KORE
John Horn, Chief Executive Officer, On-Ramp Wireless
- Next-Gen Cellular Networks - what do they bring to M2M?
- Satellite, Short-Range, NFC integrate seamlessly
- Incubator programs become hotbeds for IoT startups
- Unlicensed spectrum - could it change the cellular business model?